418 Skate Shop is a core skateboarding specialist founded by longterm skate friends Gary and Barry in December 2012.
We opened in Bedok to be closer to the skate community and because at the time there were two skateparks at Bedok Adventure Park and Fengshan Community Club (both no longer exist).
Our name and logo 418 came about after finding the perfect storefront at HDB Block 418 Bedok North Avenue 2. We Located opposite Bedok Library and just an 5 minute walk from Bedok MRT/ Bus Interchange.
We have been in the skateboarding business for several years and are skateboarders ourselves. We understand your needs better than other non-skater owned businesses.
We test (skate) all our products and we can guide you in your purchasing options. If we think a product isn't up to standard we don't sell it.
Our mission is to spread the stoke of skateboarding and provide a space where skaters can hangout, learn about new product, make friends and be immersed in skateboarding culture.
Our online store serves as a catalog of our inventory and we welcome online orders but we urge you to drop by our store to check out our products in person. We have much more products in our physical store than on here on our website.
418 specializes in grip tape changing, kingpin replacement, bearing cleaning and fixing up old skateboards.
Don't wait any longer visit 418 skate shop today!
Block 418 Bedok North Ave 2 Singapore (460418)
Tuesday to Sunday: 2.15pm to 8pm
Tel: 8318-8200 (SMS us if we miss your call)
- Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/418skateshop
- Check us out on Instagram: www.instagram.com/418skateshop/
More Backouground info:
418 Skate Shop is owned and operated by semi-professional skateboarder Barry who grew up skateboarding in Singapore. He was competed in numerous competitions and officiates at events around Asia.
- Established Singapore’s first indoor skatepark, Love Skatepark (2008 to 2010). (Now Closed)
- Officiated at various extreme sports events; local and overseas judge, and coordinator. (Singapore, Malaysia, Korea)
- 20 years knowledge of the extreme sports community in Singapore.
- Action sports event management including competitions, demonstrations and workshops.
- Local government and regulatory engagement on issues of action sports facilities, skate park construction and skateboarding extracurricular activities.
- Philips X-Rush 1st Place 2nd & 3rd September 2000
- Skadden 1st Place 2000
- Queenstown Family Charity Carnival Advanced 3rd Place 10 December 2000
- Sincity Skate Challenge Seniors 4th place 2001
- Teen Challenge Skateboarding Seniors 2nd Place 15 December 2001
1. Created 10 Tricks Video Series
Before youtube was what it is today, I filmed and edited parts for over 20 skateboarders showcasing their skateboarding, personality and style. The series was featured on a local skateboarding website and included advanced and novice riders from all over Singapore. Each video reached over a few thousand direct views leading to growth of the local independent website and recognition as one of the first content creators for Singapore skateboarding media.
2. AXF Chuncheon Leisure Games South Korea Sept 2008
Represented Singapore as a head judge for Skateboarding.
3. Singapore’s First Skateboarding Premiere Feb 2009
Organised a FREE video screening of Alien Workshop’s Mindfield. This was a pretty big deal as there had never been a skateboard video premiere in Singapore before. This involved getting a license from IMDA, booking a theatre that would allow us to screen the film, and coordinating with AWS in the U.S.A on the official release.
4. Bishan East Family Fun Day 2009
Arranged top local athletes to perform in front of Prime Minster Lee Hsien Loong and media for the grand opening of Bishan East Park. MC’d during the demonstration.
5. The Conquest Video Premiere June 2011
MC and promoter for The Conquest, a film by local clothing and skateboarding brand Terrorkota featuring Singapore’s top skaters. They spent years filming in Singapore and around Asia. Hosted at Home Club.
6. “Chill Ah Bro” Homestar Video Premiere July 2011
Another local independent Singapore skateboarding film. Helped MC and offer basic support during the movie premiere. Hosted at SCAPE Hall.
7. Nee Soon South Community Day 2011
Organised Skateboarding competition for the opening of Active Park, in conjunction with Nee Soon South Community Day 2011 Guest of Honour: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Members of Parliament from Nee Soon GRC.
Donated $470 from the event the Japanese Red Cross to help the victims of the 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami.
8. SK8CLUB with PA
Set up SK8CLUB with the Peoples Association of Singapore, and conducted skateboarding workshops at various community centres across Singapore.
This course provided participants with a chance to learn the basics of skateboarding. It introduced students to the basic tricks, balance, safety, and proper techniques.
- Learn how to control the board,
- Learn how to stop safely,
- Learn how to turn,
- Learn tricks: The Ollie, Shuv-It, and other beginner moves.
This course was aimed at kids who wanted to learn a new and exciting sport and maintain a healthy active lifestyle.
9. DC Shoes Indonesian Skateboarding Demo 2011
Chaperoned the DC Shoes Indonesian skateboarding team during their 2011 tour of Singapore. Organised a demonstration at somerset skate park, autographing session at DC ION Orchard store and helped with the filming, marketing and promotion.
10. Polytechnic Skateboarding Competition 2012
Worked with the Singapore Polytechnic skate club to organise a skateboarding competition that invited schools from around Singapore to compete in a one day skateboarding challenge.
11. Go Skateboarding Day 2012
Organised a GSD event to promote skateboarding at Somerset Skatepark. GSD is an official holiday conceived by International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC). Managed sponsors, location, fire & safety protocol, mailers to local residents, as well as all other aspects involved in putting on the event.
12. DC Shoes Game of S.K.A.T.E and Warehouse Sale 2012
Organised the classic game S.K.A.T.E and highest ollie competition for the Singapore distributor of DC shoes. The goal was to gather the community and help push clearance stock. Put together a team of judges, videographer, created marketing material, arranged music, and F&B.
13. Lion City Skaters Best Trick Competition March 2012
Created a best trick event at SCAPE to for the local community and promoted the new sheltered skateboarding area underneath SCAPE, Playspace. This saw one of the largest gatherings of local skaters on a Friday night.
14. STREET WARS December 2012
Brought together 13 local brands and 4 major international brands including Supra, Monster, Go Pro, and X-mini for a unique event orientated at showcasing local skate and music independents with a focus on street inspired obstacles.
15. DC Shoes South East Asia Tour 2013
Organised Singapore’s largest ever Professional Skateboarding demonstration at Somerset skatepark. Featuring six of the largest names in street skateboarding: Nyjah Huston, Wes Kremer, Cyril Jackson, Matt Miller, Tommy Flynn and Jake Hayes. Hosted the professionals during their trip, including helping find hotel accommodation, organising a tour bus to travel around Singapore’s most iconic skate spots. As well as countless other duties in the production of the tour.
16. Jurong Lake Gardens Skatepark (to be completed in 2022)
Soon to be the largest concrete skatepark in Singapore. I have spent the last 10 years on this project personally spearheading it with a small team of close friends.
Created a 30 page document on Action Sports in Singapore with a focus on skateboarding and why Singapore needs more facilities like skateparks. Met with local ministers, National Parks, NYC, local architects, skatepark builders and various stakeholders in the design, funding and implementation of the park.